Classic Ireland Guided Tours offers bespoke Private Tours of Ireland to all group sizes from the single traveller to a group of up to 50 visitors. We can take you anywhere within the island of Ireland (including Northern Ireland) and we will assist you in compiling an itinerary that suits your needs and requirements. From extensive experience we can suggest many interesting scenic and historic places to see throughout Ireland. We can also suggest hotels, restaurants and locations to base yourself while you are in Ireland. One email to us can start you on the journey of a lifetime. You can check out our expertise in this area by reviewing our TripAdvisor page, we have been awarded a Certificate of Excellence, in recognition of the consistent satisfaction ratings posted by our clients. If you are thinking of taking a private a Guided Tour of Ireland, then choose Classic Ireland Guided Tours.
Many of our clients on making contact like some guidance on what to see in Ireland, and where to seek out accommodation during their stay. The locations most favorably commented on by our clients in touring Ireland are –
(1) Dublin – the largest city in Ireland and the capital city of the Republic of Ireland, Dublin is most certainly deserving of a few nights stay in any visit to Ireland. A city oozing with history from its Viking past, Dublin is also a modern cosmopolitan conurbation with a population of approx 1.5 million in the greater metropolitan area. A very affluent city it has a wide choice of modern hotels, restaurants and night life. A good base from which to tour some of the attractions of Irelands ‘Ancient East’ including Glendalough, Newgrange and the National Stud in Kildare. The city itself has find historic attractions like Christchurch, St Patrick’s Cathedral. Guinness Storehouse and Trinity College. There are extensive connections to the US and Canada from Dublin, therefore its a good choice to stay in the city either at the start or final days of an Ireland Tour.
(2) Kilkenny – A medieval city some 50 miles from Dublin and well worth a night or two. Again good hotels and restaurants are available. The city itself has withinin its boundary the magnificent Kilkenny Castle and St. Canice’s Cathedral. Kilkenny is well worth a visit on any tour of Ireland.
(3) Kinsale, Co. Cork – in the very south of Ireland this beautiful coastal town with a strong Spanish influence is a gem well worth at least two nights. The town itself is known as the gourmet capital of Ireland and it has an abundance of good restaurants. There is also very good accommodation in the area. A gateway to the unspoilt scenery of West Cork, the area around Kinsale offers stunning scenery and considerable maratime history. Again well worth a visit.
(4) Killarney, Co. Kerry – surrounded by mountains and lakes, Killarney is the ideal base from which to tour many of Ireland’s leading scenic attractions including The Ring of Kerry, Dingle Peninsula, Beara Peninsula, Glengariff, Blarney, Killarney National Park, Gap of Dunloe and Muckross House and Gardens. The town is within daily reach of the Cliffs of Moher. Killarney Town itself offers the visitor an extensive range of accommodation to suit all tastes and extensive restaurant and night life venues. Killarney offers choice to the visitor which few other parts of Ireland can offer. A must in any tour of Ireland.
(5) Clifden, Co. Galway – situated in Connemara, Clifden is set within the awesome scenery of west Galway. Located approx 50 miles from Galway City it offers a much more desire able alternative to the somewhat crowded and at times over priced city. You will not be disappointed in Clifden which is an excellent base from which to tour Kylemore, Roundstone, Leenane, The Doolough Valley, Westport and Galway City. Clifden offers good restaurants and night entertainment. If you want to get a feel for the ‘west’ of Ireland, Clifden is an excellent choice.
(6) Donegal Town – one of Ireland’s scenic secrets, County Donegal offers jaw dropping scenery and Donegal Town is an excellent base from which to experience all this area has to offer. Within easy reach is Sligo, Slieve League, Glenveagh National Park, the beaches of Donegal including Narin and Portnoo. Also within reach is Northern Ireland, Derry/Londonderry being just an hours drive. Donegal Town has fine restaurants to offer and the location of the town at the mouth of Donegal Bay adds to the stunning scenery to be seen in this area.
These locations are set out as a guide to prospective visitors. However, you may have your own views of where you would like to stay and see. Classic Ireland Guided Tours can accommodate whatever preferences you may have, just send us an email.
Contact us at: email@example.com